Ultrasound / Radiology Tech - Full Time - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
- The Ultrasound Technologist performs quality diagnostic exams on all age groups following established policies and procedures.
- Must have at least 1 year of hospital sonography experience.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours and willing to be on standby and take calls.
- Performs functions necessary to produce quality diagnostic ultrasound images.
- Monitors equipment operations and reports unresolved equipment problems.
- Treats patients and customers with courtesy and respect.
- Qualified Candidate must possess Rad Tech licensure meeting state requirements, must be ARRT certified and have valid CPR certification.
- Familiarity with and ability to use selected equipment.
- Ability to utilize the principles, theories, practices, techniques and methods of sonography in order to produce images of high diagnostic quality.
- Understands anatomy so as to direct the beam (or appropriate imaging source) in the most effective manner.
- Knowledgeable of appropriate studies to perform for the patient's diagnosis.
- Demonstrates the ability to use proper screening methods of patients to avoid potential injury.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and appropriate fashion.
- Knowledge of patient positioning based on type of study.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8688