Therapist - Inpatient BHU - PRN - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
Inpatient Behavioral Health Therapist
Conducts individual, family and group therapy while maintaining a caseload. Responsible to work positively with the hospital team from patient admission to discharge. Responsible for maintaining up to date records on patients including psychosocial assessments, daily therapy notes, group notes, and treatment plans. Participates in performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Demonstrates the Behavioral Health Unit’s mission, values, and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, patient’s support system, medical staff, community providers, and visitors.
- Ability to perform psychosocial assessments, diagnose and treat various mental health and substance abuse disorders
- Provide individual, family and group therapy using evidenced based therapeutic treatment modalities
- Develop a treatment plan with patient and patient family/significant others, and treatment team members
- Assist clients through difficult life changes, challenges and crises
- Ability to appropriately refer patients to mental health resources in community
- Ability to provide brief therapeutic interventions to assist patient’s in reaching their goals
- Comply with federal, state, local, and clinical program/facility standards
- Current state licensure (LCSW, CSW, ACHMC, CMHC, LMFT), must hold a master’s degree in social work, clinical mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy or related mental health field from an accredited university/college
- Current BLS/CPR issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- CPI/COAP Certification obtained within 90 days of employment
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Jordan Valley Hospital – West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.