Speech Therapist - PRN - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
As a Speech Pathologist, you will provide your patients with a full range of therapy treatments designed to restore function and prevent disability following disease or injury. You will evaluate and treat patients based on treatment plans developed in cooperation with their referring physicians.
Other duties include:
- Performing appropriate Speech Therapy evaluations.
- Designing and implementing appropriate treatment plans based on the analysis and interpretation of evaluation results.
- Maintaining proper documentation.
- Reporting all appropriate data to patient's record.
- Serving as a resource person to other health team members.
- Providing Direction to licensed and non licensed personnel as required.
- Participating in case conferences and quality assurance activities.
- Assisting with in-service and contributing to the development of staff education and orientation programs.
- Consistently providing exceptional customer service.
- Current Utah State Speech Pathology Licensure.
- Graduate of an approved School of Speech/Language Pathology.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Previous experience in all aspects of speech therapy services required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English both verbally and written
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.