RN Radiology - PRN - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
- Initiate communication with Patients upon learning they have suspicious tests or positive findings
- Able to recognize and interpret test results.
- Guide patients through the health care system
- Thorough knowledge of health care systems and medical terminology.
- Facilitate interaction and communication with health care staff, assist with appointments and help patients arriving for appointments.
- Provide education and connect patients with community and social support services
- Participate in bi-monthly tumor board presentation.
- Create relationships with personnel involved in cancer care, referring physicians and other referral sources.
- RN with degree in nursing
- General understanding of Radiation Oncology treatment with clinical experience in cancer treatment/healthcare field preferred.
- Must be Licensed in the State of Utah as a Registered Nurse.
- Able to assist with invasive procedures.
- Experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams is essential.
- Strong computer knowledge
- Must have good relationship-building and advocacy skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- ACLS required within 3 months of hire
"Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female /Veterans /Disabled
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.