RN - Case Manager - PRN - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
Specific duties include:
- Working in collaboration with all healthcare disciplines to ensure a continuum of appropriate and timely services.
- Assuming primary case responsibility for documentation of appropriate medical necessity and level of care assignment for inpatient, observation, or outpatient status.
- Communicating with physician, ancillary staff, and payers, and assisting in arranging transfers or alternate placement when indicated.
- Coordinating with Case Managers and other allied health professionals to ensure that quality care is provided and that outcomes are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Assisting in the development of case management metrics to identify opportunities to improve care, including utilization patterns, readmissions and patient care outcomes.
- Promoting appropriate Post hospital utilization of resources, including transitional care, adequate education of patient and caregivers, in an effort to decreased incidence of readmissions and improve patient outcomes.
- Supporting hospital goals and objectives in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- RN and prior Case Management experience or CM Certification.
- Must be skilled in assessing, planning, and implementing patient care.
- Must have BLS Certification issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written.
- Prefer experience with Interqual
Jordan Valley Hospital – West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.