RN Case Manager - ER - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Specific duties include:
- Working in collaboration with all healthcare disciplines to ensure a continuum of appropriate and timely services.
- Assuming primary case responsibility for documentation of appropriate medical necessity and level of care assignment for inpatient, observation, or outpatient status.
- Communicating with physician, ancillary staff, and payers, and assisting in arranging transfers or alternate placement when indicated.
- Coordinating with Case Managers and other allied health professionals to ensure that quality care is provided and that outcomes are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Assisting in the development of case management metrics to identify opportunities to improve care, including utilization patterns, readmissions and patient care outcomes.
- Promoting appropriate Post hospital utilization of resources, including transitional care, adequate education of patient and caregivers, in an effort to decreased incidence of readmissions and improve patient outcomes.
- Supporting hospital goals and objectives in compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Collaborates with nursing staff to coordinate patient placement due to transfers, admissions, and/or discharges. Is supportive of continuity of care.
- Appropriately assigns staffing in response to census and patient acuity following staffing and corporate guidelines. Maintains staff productivity during assigned shifts and adjusts as appropriate.
- Consistently demonstrates a professional, self directed, mature, disciplined, and tactful approach to job responsibilities.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments. Communicates with other department managers for improved decision making. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well under stressful situations.
- RN and prior Case Management experience or CM Certification.
- Must be skilled in assessing, planning, and implementing patient care.
- Must have BLS Certification issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written.
- Prefer experience with Interqual
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.