Registered Nurse - Staffing Manager Float Pool - Full Time
Registered Nurse Float Pool Nurse Staff Manager
The Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and influencing the staffing efforts in the Medical Surgical, Telemetry, Orthopedic, and Pediatric departments where applicable at all 5 Utah hospitals. The Manager must be able to coordinate with the hospital directors to ensure that the knowledge and skills provided by the nursing float pool staff are appropriate to the ages of the patients served on assigned units. The Manager must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units policies and procedures and skills check lists. Must be able to respect diversity of values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. The Manager maintains operations within budgetary parameters. Effectively interacts with patients, significant others, physicians, and other health team members while maintaining professional nursing standards.
The Manager ensures that the delivery of high quality health care is carried out in a financially responsible, expeditious manner. Manages staff members in the Market Float Pool. Ensures all training is up to date for departments staff. Ensures hospital utilization of variable staff is appropriately managed and scheduled. Consults with staff, physicians and administration on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Maintains and participates in hospital and department performance improvement activities. Other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and directs the department's administrative and financial functions. Prepares and is accountable for department's operating budgets and capital budget.
- Addresses complaints regarding department functions and works with other directors/administrators and staff to resolve complaints.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, and administrative team.
- Negotiates/maintains local agency contracts.
- Is responsible for ensuring all training is up-to-date for all staff in the various departments.
- Maintains an accurate master staffing schedule for nursing departments.
- Maintains an accurate daily staffing worksheet.
- Is responsible for ensuring on-call rotation is appropriately managed and scheduled for the various hospitals.
- Maintains established hospital(s) and department policies, procedures, and objectives; maintains the department's Performance Improvement Activities, safety, environmental and infection control and compliance with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Performs management activities including interviewing, hiring, counseling and terminating. Maintains a confidential, fair, sensitive, and impartial approach to dealing with employees. Reports employee issues to appropriate hospital administrators when appropriate.
- Is responsible for the orientation and education of department staff, providing role clarification, counseling when necessary, and completing annual performance evaluations when due.
- Is able to identify and hold staff accountable the hospital’s core measures and how they apply to Inpatient Services.
- Consistently strives to promote customer service in all aspects of job.
- Must have current Utah State Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing BSN required, Masters preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years clinical nursing experience with at least 3 years management in operations and budgets preferred.
Must have prior hospital staffing experience.
- Competent computer skills with knowledge of various software applications.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing