Registered Nurse- IS Educator- Full Time- * JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology, and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
The Clinical Educator is responsible for specific tasks associated with the implementation and support of all clinical applications inclusive of patient access and revenue cycle. This position will deliver training and education to all existing and new end users in the organization business, regulatory, quality of care and outcome objectives. In addition, they will be responsible for the design and improvement of the clinical informatics software training programs and related courseware. The Clinical Educator will act as an information systems departmental liaison for both corporate and assigned facilities to ensure that all education documentation and system enhancements/change requests are properly updated and communicated to the hospital leadership team, clinical staff and non-clinical staff.
1 Contributes to an innovative team dedicated to establishing a new foundation for advancing clinical delivery and quality outcomes through effective clinical software use.
2. Develop, publish and implement training modules for new, existing and upgraded clinical informatics software, including all education materials, training schedules, exercises and skill evaluations.
3. Create and administer training event feedback mechanisms. Analyze results, make recommendations for training improvement, and integrate changes in curriculum and/or courses..
4. Gain an in-depth knowledge of clinical software, operational workflows, and clinical informatics software data analysis and determine how best to maximize clinical software functionality to complement and improve workflows.
5. Train manager, supervisors, providers and non-providers to optimize the use of clinical informatics software through implementation, education, training, quality outcomes, and providing support in accordance with organizational goals.
6. Assist in the development of policies and procedures for the use of clinical informatics software ad support end user accountability to those policies and procedures.
7. Incorporate change management principles to facilitate workflow and business process changes, ensuring the success and optimization of new upgraded clinical informatics software.
8. Ensure that new or upgraded clinical informatics software is used in a way to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy, in accordance with HIPAA and all other applicable regulatory agency requirements.
9. Implement Help/Support Desk solutions on-site as needed and provide feedback on potential issues.
10. Works closely with corporate leadership, facility leadership and vendor project managers during clinical system implementations, upgrades, and/or enhancements.
11. Assist in live conversion plans for new and upgraded systems.
12. Provides first line of support for facility level provider/non-provider clinical staff regarding training, system support and communication.
13. May be required to provide an active leadership role in facility level committees to include but not limited to Change Management, Multi-disciplinary Informatics Board (MIB) and compliance.
14. Participate in design and testing of the application functions.
15. Insure clinical needs and workflows are evaluated and validated when implementation plans are developed by collecting input from end users.
16. Assess the implications on nursing operations and processes of patient care delivery when assisting in resolution and support of departmental issues during unplanned and planned down times.
17. Participate in development and testing of the application functions.
18. Assist in live conversion plans for new and upgraded systems
19. Perform all other duties as assigned.
SKILL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Preferred Experience: 5 years of experience in clinical setting.
- Preferred 2 - 4 years of experience with Clinical Information Systems and/or Clinical Informatics. Management experience helpful. Computer knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements/business needs into system specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of process and system design techniques preferred.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to gather, organize and present data.
- Attention to detail with a proven track record of highly accurate work output.
- Strong problem and issue resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to include speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products or similar
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely manner.
EDUCATION OR SPECIFIC TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Licensure/Certifications: Current Licensure to practice Professional Nursing.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Comfortable working with all levels of management and clinical providers.
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude. Highly self motivated, directed and change oriented.
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Very strong customer service orientation and able to work, contribute to and flourish in a team centric, collaborative environment.
- Position requires some travel. May be exposed to road and weather hazards.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Ability to see and speak clearly in order to perform basic job functions.
- Exposure to Hazards: Noise, crowds of people, and injury resulting from improper body mechanics.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran