Referral Specialist - Full Time - JVMC
Come work with us atJordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has manydiverse career opportunities. We work asa team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to ourpatients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotescontinuous learning.
JVMC has been serving thehealth care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busyfull-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services andadvanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As thearea has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding itsservices, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services,Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology,and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to workwith patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field likemaintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even foodproduction, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
- The referral Specialist that will work with Physician to Physician referrals.
- Will take in bound and out bound calls to schedule patients for procedures, tests and specialty referrals for the Steward Health Care hospitals located in Utah.
- Calls patients scheduled for services to remind them of appointment time and preparation.
- Interviews patients or their representative when scheduling to obtain personal information or verify information previously on file, including insurance information.
- May also determine insurance coverage eligibility and requirements for reimbursements.
- High school graduate or equivalency
- Medical terminology and/or anatomy understanding required
- Previous experience working in a hospital environment or physicians office preferred
- Computer skills, typing skills and great customer service skills are needed
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and be self motivated
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages helpful.