Radiation Therapist - PRN - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
The Radiation Therapy Technician provides radiation therapy to patients as prescribed by a Radiologist in accordance to established practices and standards. The Radiation Therapist may review prescription and diagnosis; act as liaison with physician and supportive care personnel; prepare equipment, such as immobilization, treatment, and protection devices; and maintain records, reports, and files. May assist in dosimetry procedures and tumor localization. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for specific age groups served. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. Participates in performance improvement activities and effectively interacts with patients, families, and other health team members while maintaining professional standards.
- Associates degree in Radiation Therapy required. Bachelors degree in radiation therapy preferred.
- Utah State License as a Radiologic Technologist required upon hire. Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification in Radiation Therapy required upon hire.
- Basic Life Support (CPR) American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.