PBX Switchboard Operator - PRN - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
The PBX Operator is responsible for switchboard operations and handling routine in-coming and out-going calls. Utilizes paging system to contact physicians, employees, patients, and visitors. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of a patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the service needed as described in the unit’s policies and procedures and skills check lists. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a safe environment for specific age groups served.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous telephone systems experience preferred
- Must be familiar with various computer software applications
- Able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
"Jordan Valley Hospital is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.