Occupational Therapist - PRN - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women's Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide your patients with a full range of therapy treatments designed to help them to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. You will evaluate and treat patients based on treatment plans developed in cooperation with their referring physicians.
Your specific duties will include:
- Planning treatment programs relevant to physical dysfunction.
- Performing appropriate Occupational Therapy evaluations.
- Designing and implementing appropriate treatment plans based on the analysis and interpretation of evaluation results.
- Maintaining proper documentation.
- Reporting all appropriate data to patient's record.
- Serving as a resource person to other health team members.
- Participating in case conferences and quality assurance activities.
- Assisting with in-services and contributing to the development of staff education and orientation programs
- Consistently providing exceptional customer service.
- Bachelor s Degree in Occupational Therapy; Masters or Doctorate OT degree a plus
- Minimum 3 years of Occupational Therapy experience
- Current OT license for the State of Utah.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- Basic computer proficiency- Bilingual skills a plus
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff