Medical Imaging Coordinator - Breast Care Center - Full Time - * JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology, and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Medical Imaging Coordinator
The Medical Imagine Patient Coordinator will review the schedule, looking to anticipate possible patient issues. Aquire orders for all the diagnostic patients. Coordinate images from prior visits for diagnostic patients. Call additional view patients and scheduling them for a return appointment. Aquire orders, and images, for screening patients that come in throughout the day who need to be seen on a diagnostic day. Prepare folders with patient information for each diagnostic patient on the schedule. Print hard copies of the schedule and write notes for each diagnostic patient to inform techs about prior images and why patient is coming.
Other duties involving Breast Care patients include:
- Explaining biopsy, and cyst aspiration procedures
- Scheduling patients for biopsy
- Faxing patient information to insurance team for verification of insurance for biopsy patients
- Preparing biopsy folder with patient information for tech/admitters and radiologist
- Talk with patients about surgical consultations including making an appointment, faxing information from their visit to their surgeon and documenting it in MRS
- Acquiring orders, and images for screening patients that may come in through the day who need a diagnostic appointment and work them into the schedule - day of, if possible
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to use basic office equipment, phone, fax copy machine and maintains basic computer skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
StewardHealthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
"Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."