Lead Insurance Verifier - Full Time - JVMC
Come work with us atJordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has manydiverse career opportunities. We work asa team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to ourpatients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotescontinuous learning.
JVMC has been serving thehealth care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busyfull-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services andadvanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As thearea has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding itsservices, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services,Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology,and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to workwith patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field likemaintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even foodproduction, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
- Will act as a lead for the insurance verification team
- Ensures patient account information is complete and accurate.
- Determines insurance coverage eligibility and requirements for reimbursements.
- Documents contacts and transactions in a timely manner in the registration system.
- Analyzes patient responsibility and keeps the financial counselor aware of patient responsibility portions of services to be received.
- Helps patients and family members with questions regarding insurance requirements.
- Make decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within scope of practice for this position.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- At least 1 year experience in insurance verification and authorization required
- Clinical background and understanding of medical terminology required
- Previous lead experience preferred
- Computerskills, typing skills and great customer service skills are needed
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and be self motivated
- Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages helpful