Insurance Verifier - Full Time - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
- Ensures patient account information is complete and accurate.
- Determines insurance coverage eligibility and requirements for reimbursements. Documents contacts and transactions in a timely manner in the registration system.
- Analyzes patient responsibility and keeps the financial counselor aware of patient responsibility portions of services to be received.
- Helps patients and family members with questions regarding insurance requirements.
- Make decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within scope of practice for this position.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1 year experience in insurance verification and authorization preferred
- Computer and typing skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail oriented, self motivated, and strong multitasking skills
- Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, additional languages helpful
- Clinical background helpful.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5149