Health Screener/Admitting Coordinator - Full Time - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
Health Screener/Admitting Coordinator
The Health Screener/Admitting Coordinator, in conjunction with the Admitting Director screens all patients/visitors who enter into the Hospital, as well as support admitting with scanning and scheduling activities. The Health Screener/Admitting Coordinator must have detailed knowledge of the visitation policy and guidelines implemented by the Hospital, Corporate, and/or CDC or other Health Departments. Must also effectively interact with patients, visitors, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide service appropriate to the age of the patients seen on his or her unit. Must demonstrate the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for specific age groups served.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous Admitting Department experience preferred or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after successful completion of a training program where employees are expected to develop knowledge of insurance requirements for pre-authorization and co-payment purposes.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages helpful.
- Basic computer knowledge and medical terminology skills. Excellent communication skills required.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
"Jordan Valley Medical Center West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female / Veterans/Disabled
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.