EMT ER Tech - Full Time - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology, and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Emergency Medical Technician
The EMT works collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team and assists with emergency room procedures. Performs patient care activities within the scope of licensure and training. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of a patient; possess the ability to identify each requirements relative to his or her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures and skills check lists.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
· Must be an EMT
· Certified for IV insertion preferred.
· Minimum of six months to one-year experience in acute or emergency care setting preferred or the ability to learn and demonstrate proficiency after successful completion of a training program.
· Must be able to take call as needed or assigned.
· Ability to read, understand and communicate effectively in English.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer
"Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."