Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
The Risk Director is responsible to plan, direct, and coordinate risk management activities for the facility. Coordinates risk program with all hospital departments, administration, and Corporate Risk Director. Identifies clinical risk issues and coordinates implementation of corrective action. Provides intervention and education related to risk management issues to promote safe work practices and quality care and service. In addressing concerns the Risk Director must be able to respect diversity of patients, visitors, and co-workers values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues. Must effectively interact with patients and health team members while maintaining established professional standards.
Performs all duties in a manner that promotes and supports the Standards of Conduct for Steward Health Care. Demonstrates support of the Medical Center’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors.
- Reviews all occurrence reports and investigates serious incidents; trends data and recommends corrective action.
- Reports and investigates specific occurrences in accordance with all federal, state and other regulatory requirements.
- Reports trended data to the governing body and appropriate facility committees, departments and individuals.
- Coordinates an ongoing program to educate board members, medical staff, employees, and volunteers in risk management, safety, and loss control matters at initial orientation and at least annually.
- Works with department directors regarding the patient/visitor complaint/grievance process per hospital policy.
- Assists Administration in the review of contracts.
- Provides risk management information regarding medical and allied health staff to the Medical Staff Office for use in the credentialing process.
- Participates in the process to review ethical issues.
- Participates in the process for planning new services.
- Acts in an advisory capacity to all departments in identifying and correcting unsafe conditions and practice.
- Monitors the risk financing program for JVMC and PVH and reports unprotected/under protected assets and new exposures.
- Maintains professional relationships necessary to stay knowledgeable in current regulations and standards to keep the Risk Management program up to date.
- Reports potential legal claims to Corporate within required time frames; participates in the management of claims in accordance with current guidelines.
- Complete annual review and update of Risk Management Plan.
- Assist with completion of annual insurance applications.
- Must have Bachelor Degree in nursing
- Must have supervisory experience
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Utah.
- Experience and knowledge in the areas of risk management and statistical measurement methodologies, licensure and accreditation regulations.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
- Basic to moderate level of computer skills, including word, spreadsheets and email
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
"Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.