Director of Quality - Full Time - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Director of Quality Assurance
The Director Quality is responsible for patient safety and ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained, which have been approved by the Governing Board. The Director Quality will report to the hospital's Senior Leadership Team on the performance of the quality management system and any needs for improvement. As well, the Director Quality will ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization. The Director Quality will provide coordination for hospital efforts to monitor and maintain a standard of care, which meets or exceeds the regulatory requirements and/or standards of the State, Federal Government and Healthcare Accreditation Organizations. Serves as the Risk Management designee in the absence of the Risk Manager and manages Case Management, Social Services, Infection Prevention, Employee Health and Education departments.
- Current RN License and Bachelor's Degree in medically related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- At least five years experience in an acute care hospital of which at least two years experience must be in quality improvement, patient safety, utilization review or a related area.
- Management or supervisory experience.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of Joint Commission, DNV, governmental and other regulatory standards, requirements and guidelines related to quality improvement and patient safety.
- Must have excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at once and set priorities and generate ideas for resolving quality and patient safety issues.
- Must be able to perform statistical analysis of compiled data.
- Must have independent problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Must have excellent computer skills and be able to use Microsoft Work, Excel, and Power Point programs.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran
Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.