Director of Medical Records - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Responsible for successful maintenance of patient records and organizational and administrative operation of the Health Information Services Department at JVMC and JVMC West Valley Campus. Is responsible for the operational aspects of the department within established budgetary parameters. Serves as resource for faculty regarding medical record content and regulatory requirements. Assures availability of the medical records at all times. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for specific age groups served. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. Effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and health team members while maintaining established professional standards. Participates in department and hospital performance improvement activities. Other duties as assigned.
- A graduate of an accredited School of Medical Record Technology or Administration and current status of Registered Records Administrator or equivalent experience required or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after successful completion of a training program.
- Five or more years of previous hospital experience in all aspects of Health Information Management functions.
- Knowledge of DNV and state regulations for acute care facilities.
- Ability to work with physicians in a collaborative manner.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of various software applications.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages helpful.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
"Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female /Veterans /Disabled