Director of Marketing - Full Time - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Hospital Director works in coordination with Director of Business & Physician Development and Hospital Administration to develop & implement market campaigns for the hospital, disseminate communication to hospital staff, and manage local community events and internal hospital day to day needs. Develop and execute marketing/PR activities, programs and campaigns that are in line with the hospital strategic plan that increases awareness and utilization of Jordan Valley Medical Center and Jordan Valley – West Campus’ service lines and employed/affiliated physicians.
The marketing director will have frequent interactions with administrative executives, physicians, department directors, medical office staff, business representatives and the public. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential, as the coordinator will be required to produce and edit a wide variety of hospital marketing materials and be the key contact for all internal events at all Steward hospitals in Utah. Responsible for the development and execution of digital and print marketing initiatives to support the business development strategic plan and service line growth.
PRINCIPAL MARKETING COORDINATOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Consistently supports the hospital’s Standards of Excellence, in line with the Mission, Vision and Values of Jordan Valley Medical Center & Jordan Valley – West Campus
- Create strategic marketing plans that drive volume and revenue for priority service lines.
- Implement integrated promotional plans including traditional marketing mediums as well as digital promotion, community engagement and event coordination.
- Manage hospital website, social media assets and other external marketing communication channels as needed.
Public Relations and Community Engagement
- Provide messaging and communications to senior leadership, hospital director team, physicians and other internal audiences.
- Coordinate, plan and promote all community events including health fairs, physician lectures, and support groups. Act as the liaison between the community, its stakeholders and Jordan Valley Medical Center & Jordan Valley – West Campus
- Maintain flexible schedule (some nights and weekends) to attend Steward sponsored functions.
Media Relations and Crisis Management
- Act as the point of contact for all crisis communications, public relations and media relations.
- Actively pitch compelling patient stories to media outlets. Write and distribute all press releases.
- Develop and implement strategies for elevating the reputation of the hospital and Steward Health Care in local media activity.
- Professionally and swiftly respond to anticipated and unanticipated operational, medical and other issues, including coordination with Regional Marketing Director and other relevant leaders.
- Act as Public Information Officer and develop appropriate message templates and ensure quick-response plans are in place and regularly tested.
- Provide messaging and communications leadership, counsel and direction to a wide-variety of constituents and internal clients, including executive communications for hospital senior leadership.
- Develop programs and host events to enhance and foster positive relationships with physicians, in concert with administration, medical staff office and Steward Health Care.
- Act as the lead for all internal communications including fostering employee pride through internal communication channels.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of three years in marketing, digital planning, business development, public relations, communications or event planning. Healthcare, hospital, or hospitality experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and communication skills/experience.
- Ability to analyze market research data
- Healthcare experience in marketing, strategic planning, public relations, communications and interactive digital/web strategies.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field) required. Master’s preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office applications and content management software.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple projects, working collaboratively with other department directors, physicians, patients and other members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under deadlines.
- Ability to listen, communicate effectively and express ideas clearly following appropriate channels of communication
- Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, physicians, visitors, community members and co-workers.
- Proficient in English grammar/writing and verbal communication skills.
- Personable, professional appearance and demeanor with the ability to work with all levels of corporate management, providers and the community.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate effectively in English; additional languages helpful.
- Manage the digital brand and creative campaigns.
- Develop business cases for additional project-based resources to support enterprise strategic initiatives.
- Utilize CRM platform to track physician interactions.
- Ability to develop executive level presentations and present to market/facility leadership.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
"Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female /Veterans /Disabled
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.