Director NICU - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning. JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years.
This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women's Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Level III NICU Director
The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and influencing department activities and the delivery of patient care. The Director must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the ages of the patients served on his or her assigned units. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units policies and procedures and skills check lists.
Must be able to respect diversity of each individual's values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.The Director maintains operations within budgetary parameters. Effectively interacts with patients, significant others, physicians, and other health team members while maintaining professional nursing standards. Ensures that care is of the best quality, is cost contained, and is carried out in an expeditious manner. Manages staff members in the NICU. Consults with staff, physicians and Chief Clinical Officer on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Maintains and participates in hospital and department performance improvement activities.Age of Population Served: Neonate, Pediatrics, Adolescent, Adult
- Current state Registered Nurse license
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing, Masters preferred
- NICU Certification required.
- Certification in Neonatal IV Therapy.
- Certification for Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Current ACLS and PALS certification.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Completion cardiac monitoring course.
- Three (3) or more years recent NICU experience.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Women/ Veterans/ Disabled
""Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.""