Cook - Part Time - *JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology, and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
- A customer-focused cook prepares quality meals for patients, employees, and visitors in keeping with established menus, special diets, and standardized recipes.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide service to the age of the patients served throughout the hospital.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts including non cooking as needed.
- Food handlers permit.
- Previous experience as a cook
- Must have a knowledge of preparation of regular and special diets
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Large quantity kitchen experience preferred
- Additional languages are beneficial.