Clinical Dietitian - PRN - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women's Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Screens and assesses patients including nutrition screening, diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation of outcomes, with emphasis on nutrition support. Participates in CQI performance improvement activities. Provides nutrition education as appropriate for adult patients, including geriatric and terminally ill. The clinical dietitian works with the employees of the Nutrition Services Department to provide optimal food and nutrition to patients, visitors, and staff.
- Current Utah Dietician License.
- Proof of passing the national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Current Utah Food Handlers Permit.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly developed organizational skills.Preferred:
- Experience as a clinical dietitian; advanced practitioner qualification in nutrition support preferred.
- Additional languages preferred.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
""Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.""
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.