CLA Lab Assistant II - Full Time - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Clinical Lab Assistant II:
Obtains blood and other specimens for laboratory testing from outpatients and inpatients of all ages according to physician orders and established policies and procedures. Delivers reports to physician and nursing stations. Transports and processes specimens for analysis. May assist with performance of routine laboratory procedures and testing. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span; possess the ability to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her specific needs, and provides the care needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures and skills check lists. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Must have at least 6 months phlebotomy and Lab experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of STAR, ARUP and Quest laboratory ordering systems
- Able to type 40 WPM minimum.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Phlebotomy certification required.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional Languages helpful.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.