Chaplain - Part Time - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology, and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Responsible for pastoral care services that are offered to hospital patients, patient families, employees, and physicians. The Pastoral Care-Giver, also called a chaplain, addresses the spiritual, emotional, and psychological needs of those entrusted to his or her care. In addition, he or she seeks outside resources (people, agencies, etc) when appropriate and when requested by patients, their families, or hospital staff. The chaplain offers pastoral services through a variety of pastoral means including active listening, prayer, worship, patient care teaching, and meditation. The chaplain must demonstrate the knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient, and possess the ability to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and provide the assistance needed. Must be able to respect the diversity of each individual's values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing their different needs. Effectively interacts with patients, hospital employees, managers, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 3 units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) from an accredited center.
- Completion of Sexual Misconduct Training provided by his or her religious denomination.
- Must be available nights and weekends to share rotating on call with other Chaplains.
- Bachelors degree.
- 1 year experience in Pastoral Care preferred.
- ACPE or CPSP educated.
- Candidates should have good listening skills, the ability to respond to crisis situations with a supportive and pastoral approach, and be teachable.
- Seminary training is preferred.
"Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female /Veterans /Disabled
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.