Cardiac Cath Lab Tech - PRN - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women's Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
The Cardiovascular Technologist in the Cath Lab is responsible for assisting physicians in laboratory procedures such as selective coronary angiograms, heart catheterizations, coronary angioplasties, permanent and temporary pacemaker, atherectomies (rotational, directional, extractional), stents, brachy therapy, thrombolytic therapy, and other procedures as directed by the Cardiologist and/or Department Director. Is proficient in hemodynamics and responsible for patient care and sterilization techniques necessary in the Cath Lab. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in the Cath Lab. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit policies and procedures and skills check lists. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual's values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Preferred Graduation from a CCAHEP or ASCP/SCP accredited program or ARRT Certification and RT licensure.
- Prefer RCIS Certification within two years of hire.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association. ACLS also required.
- Previous experience in Cath Lab preferred or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after successful completion of a training program.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.