Admitting Registrar III - Full Time - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology, and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
- Arranges for the efficient and orderly admission of patients.
- Insures that patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures.
- Interviews incoming patient or representative and enters information required for admission into computer database.
- Distributes appropriate information to ancillary departments.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide service appropriate to the age of the patients seen on his or her unit.
- Looking for flexibility with schedule. Will be working mostly nights and weekends, including weekend graves.
- Will be working at both Jordan Valley Medical Center and JVMC West Valley.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of hospital admitting experience.
- Requires excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to problem solve.
- Requires typing speed of 35-40 WPM.
- Must be able to work under stressful situations and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
- Prior Admitting experience, medical terminology and medical insurance knowledge strongly desired.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.