Admitting Outpatient Registrar - PRN - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering WomenΓÇÖs Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology, and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
- Arranges for the efficient and orderly admission of patients.
- Insures that patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures.
- Interviews incoming patient or representative and enters information required for admission into computer database.
- Distributes appropriate information to ancillary departments.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide service appropriate to the age of the patients seen on his or her unit.
- Looking for flexibility with schedule. Will be working mostly nights and weekends, including weekend graves.
- Will be working at both Jordan Valley Medical Center and JVMC West Valley.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Requires excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to problem solve.
- Requires typing speed of 35-40 WPM.
- Must be able to work under stressful situations and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
- Prior Admitting experience, medical terminology and medical insurance knowledge strongly desired.